Planning a Wedding While Working at a Bridal Magazine – These Women Tell All!
by Brides of Oklahoma March 8
The staff of Wedlink Media is booming with brides-to-be, as well as a couple newlyweds. Working in an industry where they are in-the-know on all things wedding has its advantages when it comes to planning the big day. Watch them take you through their planning process, the things that surprised them, and the parts they’ve enjoyed most about wedding planning. Stayed tuned to hear more of their tips and tricks in the coming weeks!
What were you looking forward to most about planning a wedding?
- Madison: I am most looking forward to making my 7 years in the making Pinterest board come to life.
- Carleigh: I really love designing everything especially the reception, that’s been the most fun. I like designing the place settings, i think that’s been my favorite part so far.
- Lesley: I’m looking forward to be getting to spend time with my friends especially during the bachelorette party and wedding showers. All my bridesmaids live across the country so I don’t get to spend a lot of time with them.
How has it been planning a wedding while working for a bridal magazine?
Carleigh: It’s been so easy! I love it! I feel like I have a leg up from everyone else sometimes since I already knew a lot of the vendors and where to find them.
- Carsyn: It’s been so easy due to working at a bridal magazine. I’ve been in the industry since I graduated college and it’s been great to know a bunch of people and who I can trust and a lot of referrals.
Madison: really distracting! It’s been really fun, I’m constantly surrounded by inspiration and people who have been working in the industry for years and give great advice! It’s been super fun.
Lesley: I’ve been getting too many ideas, so I think it’ll be hard to figure out the details bc I’ve been getting so much inspiration.
What vendor was most helpful while planning?
Quincy: My florist- he did everything to help me with tablescapes and the backdrop of my ceremony and all the other moving parts and so I was really grateful that he brought my vision together.
What was your favorite part of your wedding day?
Lauren: right after our ceremony, Curtis and I went upstairs in our venue and had about 30 minutes to ourself where we got to have a drink and talk through the ceremony and get to relive it and talk about how we felt throughout the whole process
What are you most looking forward to at your wedding?
- Carleigh: I’m really excited for the first look, I think it’s gonna be really cute and I’m really excited for the pictures. I’m also really excited to dance and party it up.
Madison: My fiancé seeing me in my dress for the first time, we’re not doing a first look so when he sees me coming down the aisle it will be the first time we see each other that day and I’m really excited about it
Lesley: the main reason we’re having a wedding, because we been together for a long time is to have that party with the people we love most, so i’m excited to spend time with them and have fun
What’s one piece of advice you would give to other brides who are planning a wedding?
- Lauren: Hire a wedding planner
- Carleigh: Give yourself plenty of time
- Carsyn: Do whatever makes you the most happy! It comes down to your vision what you want. Tune out the noise, and if you want to do something unconventional- don’t be afraid
- Madison- Do it the way you want to do it and don’t think impressing other people too much
- Lesley- Remember it’s just one day and it’s mainly about the marriage and becoming a family together so I would stress much about the details
- Quincy- Just be present in the moment and enjoy it because it goes by so quickly. Step back and see all your family and friends that are there to celebrate you and your love.