How to Plan a Bachelorette Party in OKC and Tulsa
by Brides of Oklahoma January 26
Bachelorette parties are a right of passage in today’s pre-wedding festivities. The bride-to-be gathers all of her girlfriends, and they hit the town to celebrate her last days as a single lady. However, planning every detail of the party can be stressful on top of planning your upcoming wedding. No worries – we’ve got you! We’ve pulled together all the essentials you need to get started, PLUS we are sharing our favorite #BachBash party themes. Everything linked below can be found on our Amazon shop under Bachelorette Weekend Must Haves, so you’re just a few clicks away from being all set for your bride-to-be weekend that will leave your maids talking for years to come!
Photo // Tammy Odell Photography
How soon before the wedding should a bride host her bachelorette party?
We suggest hosting your bachelorette party anywhere from two to six weeks before the wedding. Getting crazy with your girls so close to the big day can be a recipe for disaster. A hangover and dark circles don’t make for a very good bridal look. Extra planning tip: see if there’s a holiday weekend around that time to snag an extra paid vacation day!
Which cities are bachelorette party hotspots?
Don’t get too caught up on the destination of your party, especially if your crew has a smaller budget – you can plan an awesome bachelorette right here locally! Oklahoma City and Tulsa have incredible restaurants and bars to kick off the evening’s festivities, and if you choose a specific location, like downtown, you can hop around one area via foot.
Looking to make a weekend out of your bach bash? Our team has celebrated brides-to-be with music filled nights in Austin and Nashville, outdoor adventure settings in San Diego, city exploration in New York City, a snowy retreat in Breckinridge, beachside at Florida’s Seaside, and party hopping in Miami and Las Vegas. Choose the city that best fits your group of pals.
What activities should we have planned?
It’s important to create a unique experience based off of your own group. There truly is something for everyone. Gone are the days where every bachelorette party has to include bar hopping and hot pink everything. Try getting outdoors with your girls for a paddle board session or into a spa for a complete day of pampering. Maybe reservations at a private pop up restaurant for a unique dining experience.
With spring being prime wedding season, girls typically want to get out and enjoy the sunshine. Renting a boat or lounging at a chic hotel pool with a frozen cocktail always makes for a fun time. Also, activities that offer private style bookings have been super popular, like yoga sessions and cooking lessons. A team favorite is a guided calligraphy and watercolor class complete with wine and cupcakes!
What is the biggest mistake girls make when planning their own bachelorette parties?
The biggest mistake bridesmaids can make is planning around what they think a bachelorette party should look like instead of what they think the bride really wants. If nightclubs, male strippers and phallic party favors aren’t your thing, don’t book the next ticket to Vegas. Get creative and plan a weekend filled with things that you love. As her wing women, this is your time to cater to your bride-to-be as well as foot the bill, so be sensitive of any personal budgets to avoid tension amongst the group.
Pick a Theme!
1. Neon Margarita Cups | 2. Margarita Cocktail Mix | 3. Napkins | 4. Tote Bags | 5. Taco Holders | 6. Tassel Garland | 7. Sleep Mask | 8. Temporary Tattoos | 9. Mini Piñatas | 10. Final Fiesta Balloon Kit
1. Hair Ties | 2. Inflatable Flamingo Drink Holder | 3. Let’s Get Flocked Up Cups | 4. Let’s Flamingle Koozies | 5. Flaming & Pineapple Disposable Cups | 6. Flamingo & Hibiscus Party Beads | 7. Balloon Garland | 8. La Croix | 9. Flamingo Straws
1. Table Runner | 2. Wine Bottle Label Stickers | 3. Buffalo Plaid Cupcake Liners | 4. Wine Tumbler | 5. Straws | 6. Paper Plates | 7. Flannel Fling Photo Booth Props | 8. Wine Bottle Covers | 9. Buffalo Check Table Runner | 10. Burlap & Flannel Bride-to-Be Banner
1. Nauti Bride Tank Top | 2. Nautical Balloon Pack | 3. “Last Sail Before the Veil” Sashes | 4. Gift Tags | 5. Heart Shaped Sun Glasses | 6. Waterproof Phone Pouch | 7. Get Nauti Balloons | 8. Bride’s Crew Cups | 9. Knot Sober Balloons
1. Cowgirl Hat with Veil | 2. “Drink If” Game | 3. Last Bash in Nash Cups | 4. Cowboy Boot Shot Glasses | 5. Nash Bash Balloons | 6. Nashville Bachelorette Party Sashes | 7. Straws | 8. Tank Top | 9. Western Boots | 10. Nashlorette Garland
Brides of Oklahoma powered by Wed Society is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.